Off the Rails Blog Hop

Welcome


So awesome of you to join us on the first ever blog hop for "Off the Rails Scrapbooking".

My creation for the hop is a layout in green and pink. My favourite embellishment I've incorporated into my layout is "using Shrinky Dinks".


I use Shrinky Dink or Shrink Paper on heaps of my layouts. It's a great way to make the perfect embellishment. Making them is really easy and lots of fun. I purchase my shrink paper off of eBay but some craft stores stock it.


You can print on the rough side of the shrink paper by feeding it through an inkjet printer. You just have to make sure the picture is lightened or it comes out really dark. Alternatively you can stamp straight onto the shiny side of the shrink paper. I use Stazon Ink.


After cutting out the stamped image you can shrink it a couple of ways. You can put it in a hot oven for a couple of minutes or you can heat it with a heat gun.

It will shrivel up to begin with but then as it gets smaller and smaller it begins to flatten out. You can give it that last little flatten, by pushing on it with the back of the wooden stamp while it's still hot or an acrylic stamp block. Be careful......it is still very hot!



As you can see, it shrinks  7 times smaller it's size and 7 times thicker.


I've used 3 of Daniel Torrente designer stamps that I purchased not long ago from Stampotique. The Shrinky Dinks are made from a stamp called "3 in a Round". The background heart stamp is called "Daniel's Hearts" and the wings on the creepy butterfly are called "Lovely Wings". His designs are not for every occasion but every now and then, the right project comes along!


You might like to choose my Shrinky Dink embellishment technique to add to your project for the competition.


Here is what you need to do to be in the prize draw ......

1.  Become a follower of Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog. You can follow the link to it from HERE.

2.  Visit all the Design Team's blogs, leave a comment on and become a follower of each one. You can click on the next one below (Felicity Wilson) I've put a list of them below with a link to each one :)

3. Create one LO/Card/Project using 4 of the Design Team's favorite embellishments and in your post, tell us what they are and which Design Team member's favorite it is and upload it to the Off the Rails Blog via the Linkz tool. (I'm Fiona and my favourite embellishment is "Shrinky Dinks")

4. At the very end of your hop, leave us a comment at the Off the Rails Blog, tell us how the hop went for you, let us know what you love best about our challenges and lastly what you would like to see in the future for our challenges and tutorials.

Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog
2. Narelle Fasulo - Flowers
3. Deena Otway - Buttons
4. Erin Manz Reed - Brads
5. Diana Rivero Gonzalez - Flowers
6. Carol Theng - Chipboard shape
7. Gayle Gordon - Bling
8. Fiona Paltridge - Shrinky Dinks YOU ARE HERE :)
9. Felicity Wislon - Flowers THIS IS WHERE YOU GO NEXT :)
10. Sue Plumb - Doilies
11. Rose Andrew - Tags
12. Jelissa Mei - Chipboard
13. Wendy O'Keeffe - washi tape
13. Catie Kennedy - Twine


REMEMBER, BEFORE YOU LEAVE, YOU NEED TO COMMENT ON MY POST TOO xx. This confirms that you've completed the whole hop as this is part of the criteria to be eligible for the prize at the end. 



And speaking of prizes!!!!!!! This is what you could win.


You could win this amazing prize pack from the Graphic 45 collection "By the Sea"
It includes:
1X 12x12 Paper Pad
1X 8x8 Paper Pad
1X page of Stickers
1X page of Die Cuts and
1X page of Chipboard Pieces


Graphic 45 is an award-winning scrapbook and paper crafting company. We offer vintage inspired crafting products that capture the flamboyant style of the 1920's and 30's - with vibrant color, irresistible texture and imaginative design to create products with decades-old appeal that's both fresh and familiar. Let our products inspire your next scrapbook layout, card, album or home decor project.

The blog hop started March 14th and it will end Midnight on March 21, 2014 US EST. That's only 1 week!!

So get hopping and creating and most of all have fun xx


Cheers

Fiona xx





16 comments:

  1. Wow Fiona what a cool layout. Love the shrinky dinks, they look fab. I must go out and get some, they look like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout ...elegant ...amazing how you use the shrinks dinks ....very interesting ...have to try it out .fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing as always, I think I might have some of that stuffr laying around here that I might just need to have a go at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic as usual. I've never used Shrinky Dinks .... think I need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! This is gorgeous! I did not know what Shrinky Dinks where, learn something new every day, I LOVE them and I love how you used it. Beautiful design colors and photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous. Love the shrinky dinks - haven't heard of them in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have some of these...lurking somewhere!!! They look great. I'd forgotten - thanks for the reminder:) Fabulous creation:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow must try shrinky dinks love your page xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I have not seen the shrinky dinks before, they look very interesting and make a wonderful unique embellishment!! Love your fabulous layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fiona Lovely Layout, I love he softness it the colours you have used....

    Hugs
    Rhonda A

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I love your work. I scrolled around your blog and picked up some new ideas to use on my layouts. Love you use of color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never tried Shrinky Dinks!! Now you have inspired me to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your layout Fiona - fabulous texture & depth. Loved learning about the shrinky dinks - haven't made them since I was a kid, and have never used them on my scrapping - must try that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. you know, it's the first time I've heard of Shrinky Dinks and you've used it so well. LOVE the layout, so clean and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aha..... I've learnt about a new product today. Your layout as always beautiful lovely layers and textures :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have that stamp , i used it heaps of times, so good value. shrinky dinks are a great idea for layouts .

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx