February Scrapki-Wyzwaniowa Challenge Abstract Art NO Flowers



When I saw the Scrapki-wyzwaniowa February challenge "Abstract Art NO Flowers" I knew it was for me!!! I've only recently discovered this challenge site and it ROCKS! Oh my the art work on it is AMAZING!!! Tough competition, which is exactly what I like to challenge my artistic self and stretch that creative rubber band.



Talk about some messy fun on a Friday night! Hey!! Noooooo .... good clean messy fun LOL! 


I used my brayer to smear acrylic paint over the background but because I'd treated my paper with a layer of gel medium prior to adding the paint, I could wipe it off in patches to give it a rustic appearance.


Mt sister is an actor so I am blessed with an endless supply of amazing photos from her Instagram and Twitter accounts!


I use cotton in almost all of my projects and I normally just pop it underneath something and add some glue but because this was to be influence by abstract art, I decided to adhere it using modelling paste!


I also added some partial rubons and stamped with a Tim Holtz stamp that says "Imagination is more important than Knowledge". My sentiment exactly!!!


Loved layering, loved getting messy, love the end result!

Wish me luck xx




5 comments:

  1. wow! this craftwork is amazing! I looove threads and splashes and stamping and... everything!!! thank You for good words about Scrapki-wyzwaniowo and thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Faaaabulous Fiona! You are a perfect fit with this site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my !!! it's so stunning and magical!!!! Thank you for playinig with us in scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful in every way, the soft light airy colors play so well against the cool dramatic photo, just love it xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I already commented on this one, must have been on facebook :) I like the way you make different things, not sticking always to the same style. Nice to be surprised ... Thanks for joining us at Scrapki-Wyzwaniowo!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx