7Dots Studio January/February Challenge

Well I promised myself this year that despite the amount of DT work I am committed to do (ps not complaining BTW), I will not forget about my love of a good challenge! And so this month (February) I've decided to enter the 7Dots challenge for two reasons. 
Firstly: I loved the inspirational quote and secondly: I've never actually entered one before!

So the theme so to speak is the tender phrase" Appreciating the little things".  My appreciation of the little things is the opportunity to create. A moment here, a moment there, but always moments available to me. 

Now I know that's not all meaningful and deep but I really do appreciate the fact that I can pop into my studio anytime I'm free and just create.


I've used the 7 Dots Studio collection "Destination Unknown" designed by DeeDee Catron (whom I think I stalk ..... often LOL Well she's so awesome! And anyway .... she told me to tag her! Honest!) Either way the colors are AMAZING! My photography ability, or rather lack there of, doesn't do the colors any justice. I've tried to edit it to reflect a truer color (it's meant to be really deep Jade/Blue green) but if you follow the link above you'll get a better idea of the richness of these papers.


Along with lots of other goodies I've also incorporated a flair from the collection. The design teams inspiration is incredible! It was so awe inspiring to scroll through their creations.



 I'm so excited about this little canvas that I'm going to teach it to my girls for their next class at the end of the month. They are going to love all the mess and techniques used to create it. I know I did!

Thank you for popping by
xx Fiona



9 comments:

  1. Oh wow this is stunning, really love all the details.. I could sit and stare at this for ages.. I think I will go back and have another look.. i love it.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I haven't done much in the way of canvas's but I think that might change!

      Delete
  2. Your canvas is absolutely gorgeous and the colors of deep blue with touches of jade are stunning. The layout is wonderful and the embellies and flowers are perfect. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glim & Glam Gorgeousness!!! Wish I could be a fly on the wall at your class:) LOOOVE that it's a canvas, too. Didn't pick that to start.... GLAD ur finding time for a challenge or two. I think it keeps that creativity alive:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phwaw - awesome Fiona! You and 7 Dots are a perfect combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome prodject and I love your beautiful background!! Thanks for playing with us in 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous canvas! A stunning background! Thanks for playing with us in 7Dots Studio!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning canvas! Loving the blues and the layers and the details! Thank you for joining the 7 Dots Studio challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great canvas!
    Thank You for playing at 7 Dots Studio challenge with us :-)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx