ScrapFriends Guest Designer March Colour Challenge

Colour Challenge

I just love ScrapFriends (Kreative Koncepts) challenges. I try to enter them each month. I've been lucky enough to be picked to create a guest designer piece a couple of times now and this time it's for their March colour challenge. This is my piece.


The colours are so beautiful and the gold just finishes it all off.

I used water colour techniques to create the background along with some texture stenciling, Dylusions Sprays and stamping.


I was unsure about adding the gold elements. It's not something I've done much of. Firstly I made some gold circles with jewelry wire but I felt that wasn't enough so I added more with gold sequins, gold edged ribbon and some gold glitter I added to the feather stamp. I also have a gold Gelato Pen which looks beautiful when water is added to it.


This is currently my Facebook ID photo. I took it one evening while settling my daughter into Uni in Melbourne. I got bored and so I went hunting on Playstore for a new photo editing app. I've been experimenting with altering my photos to match my layouts. I love that my hair is pink in this photo. It's not really that colour. Although it's tempting! LOL


I don't do very many "pretty" pages. Especially not of myself, so it was nice to create one for a change. I'm also really enjoying using feathers on my layouts. Whether they be stamped like these ones, chipboard, resin or real, it doesn't really matter. As long as they are feathers. I would never have imagined 12 months ago that I would be using feathers on my pages let alone being asked to join in as a guest designer on a challenge blog! I suppose you just never know what life has to bring when you take on a challenge.

Pop on over to ScrapFriends (Kreative Koncepts) and checkout the challenge. It may lead you anywhere xx

Cheers
Fiona

4 comments:

  1. Fiona, it's exquisite! Glad to see you at Kreative Koncepts (Scrap Friends)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning layout. Love the photo effect and your use of the colours. So happy to have you as a Guest Designer at kreative koncepts/Scrap Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply gorgeous use of the colour palette :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful! The colour effect is awesome almost like a shimmer coming through and so many wonderful interesting details

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx