My Second Share for 2Crafty Chipboard in September

Welcome back again today with my second share for 2Crafty Chipboard. This time I have created a fun layout for my son and his girlfriend doing what they do best!

"Your Happy Place"


2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:

"Alpha Set 1"
"My Happy Place Title"
"Electronic Gadgets"
"Happy Loopy Font"


My son and his girlfriend are the best of mates and as best mates do ..... they play video games for fun! In fact my whole family play video games. My hubby is an avid online gamer, my son joins him regularly, his girlfriend is an awesome gamer and loves to "kick his butt", My daughter studied game design and her boyfriend is a gamer extraordinaire. Me, I'm useless at it! But what ever floats your boat I say!


So I wanted to show how much this meant to these two and recognise that this really is their Happy Place. I trimmed the "My Happy Place Title" to just use the word "place", I can use the other bits on another layout later on down the track. I coloured the trimmed word to coordinate with the photo in orange and yellow. The "Happy Loopy Font" word I inked up with black and then sprayed with gold glitter spray.


I added the word "your" instead of using the word "my" from the title piece by combining the correct letters from the "Alpha Set 1". I find these alphas just the right size for titles and random words. Again I painted it up to reflect the colours of my photo.


Lastly I added this really cool XBOX controller from the "Electronic Gadgets" set. I inked it up with black, highlighted the buttons then gave the whole pieces a coating of fine clear embossing powder to give it some shine. It came up a treat! My hubby was very impressed!

Well that's me for another month over at 2 Crafty. Some how I've managed to sneak in another nerdy layout LOL. I hope you are enjoying your creating time and adding lots of yummy 2 Crafty chippy to your work.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful page and design - love the paper and what perfect chippies for the adorable pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally amazing Fi! love the pops of orange and yellow.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx