7 Dots Studio September Inspiration

Hello! It feels like I've not posted for 7 Dots Studio for ages! Time just slips away from us too quickly. It's my turn up on the blog over with a layout I've created using the new "Lost and Found" collection designed by Deedee Catron.

 I am loving the age of my children at the moment. They are both young adults and off exploring the world. They have both found love, success and happiness which is all a parent can ask for. Along with this come the addition of their loved ones. This is a layout of my son's beautiful girlfriend Kendall. She very quickly settled in as one of the family so much so that I can't imagine what life would be like without her around. She brings so much happiness to both my boys life and ours. She is a real treasure.


As soon as this collection arrived on my doorstep I fell in love with it! The colours, the style everything about it appeals to me so I couldn't wait to try it out! I chose the "Stained" piece of 12x12 paper for my background. I added to it using the Lost and Found clear stamp. and the Lost and Found Wonky Halfrone Mask.


I just love the idea of the Sticky Notes. I wanted to make them a feature of the layout but still incorporate some of the tags from the 12x12 Tag Sheet.


This collection really lends itself to an urban grunge look. So I enhanced this by staining all the edged of the tags and distressing all the sticky note pieces before securing them down with some stitching.

Kendall is so good at setting goals and working towards what she wants in life. So finding just the right title using the Lost and Found Word Stickers was really important. I decided to go with "Take Every Chance" "Be Brave" and "Create Your Own Luck". Topped off with a little "Capture Life" up the top. Perfect! I finished the whole piece off with a scattering of the Lost and Found 6x12 Die Cut Elements.
I really LOVE this collection so you'll be seeing a lot more of this from me in the coming months!

2 comments:

  1. No no nooooo.... Please don't let me fall in love with this collection.... Make it look awful so I do NOT need - I mean WANT it.... Oh! Too late!!!!! Lol. I liked this on FB but I like it much better now I can see closer & really check out the details. Loooove the stitching-- the STICKY NOTES (waaaant!!!!) & urban grunge eh? Perfect description. Perfect page in my humble opinion:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chiming in with Lizzy here....don't let me fall for these papers either! I'm working so hard as using what I have, rather than lusting after the latest. You made the papers sing and enhanced them with MM and messy stitching. What a Joy to welcome some one so special into your family circle :D

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx