My First 2Crafty Chipboard Share for September

Hello! I'm here with you today with my first layout for 2Crafty Chipboard

My first creation doesn't really have a title so I named it after the gorgeous "Hibiscus Frame" I used on it.

"Hibiscus"


2 Crafty pieces used:

"Hibiscus Frame"
"Delicate Butterflies"
"Wildflower set"


I have loved this "Hibiscus Frame" ever since I first saw it and I've been waiting for the perfect time to use it. The other night I had a vision of a water color flower surrounded by a circle of flowers and it suddenly came to me!


I trimmed some of the extra flourishes and foliage from it. Only because they wouldn't fit on the page due to where I had chosen to create my water colour flower.


I was determined I was going to leave the frame in it's raw chipboard state but after I added some Perfect Pearls mist I realised it needed to be greyish blue, so I gave it a coat of grey water colour paint. I'm so glad I did because it made the details in the hibiscus flowers just POP!

I added some extra foliage using a piece from the "Wildflower Set". I wanted to replace the bits I had trimmed but I couldn't get them to sit where I wanted so this was the next best thing to add that extra bit of trim. I simply painted them white and added flecks of grey paint.


Finally I added a gorgeous little "Delicate Butterfly". This comes in a set of two. I used the smaller one in the set. I painted it white, gave it a coating of clear ink and sprinkled some Patina Metallic Melts over the wings. Once it was dry, I added some coordinating water colours and a touch of white gesso to give it highlighted areas.

Thank you for popping by. I'll be back tomorrow with my second share!



7 comments:

  1. Gorgeously stunning. This is so very very clever and those colours just pop. You are way too clever x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly pretty! Love that Watercolour hibiscus - just divine! Awesome page ♡

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredibly pretty! Love that Watercolour hibiscus - just divine! Awesome page ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredibly pretty! Love that Watercolour hibiscus - just divine! Awesome page ♡

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just can't stop looking at this! It is gorgeous Fiona. I can't wait to actually see it IRL!
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fiona,
    Wow - so very, very gorgeous! The design is wonderful, chippies and colors are wonderful and the photo is adorable.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx