SIWA Monthly Challenge - Your Favourite Quote

Hi. Sharing with you another of my DT pieces. This time it's for the FaceBook based challenge group Scrap It With Attitude. The theme this month is "Scrap your favourite quote". This was hard because I have many so I decided to scrap the one I felt was inspiring me the most at the moment.

This is what I created.

I've used some of the papers and embellishments from the Cheeky Smiles Kit from Scrappy Chat Designs.


The chipboard letters I covered with white Gesso and then painted with the colour spray from the kit. A beautiful Jade colour that matched the background paper from the kit perfectly.


The paper frames I fussy cut out of one of the 12x12 papers in the kit. It was a little time consuming but worth it. For more inspiration on using the kit, head on over to the Scrappy Chat Designs Blog.


I backed my photo with a "pull off" tab made from some of the kit papers. You know, like the ones you see on message boards in Supermarkets. I tore one of the "chance" words off to represent that I was taking a chance. 


The word today is also fussy cut from the kit papers. I felt it just finished off the layout perfectly.


I am taking chances a lot now days. I suppose I always have been a bit of a chance taker but usually only within my comfort zone. Since blogging my scrapping, I've been very much out of that zone and so taking chances in my scrapbooking life has been a little daunting, but ........ So far ......... I'm loving the chances I've taken!!

I hope I can inspire you to take some too.

Don't forget you can follow all my chances! (LOL) on face book HERE

Cheers

Fiona xx







2 comments:

  1. Looove those coloured alphas...& the frames look fabulous & the 'pull off' tabs are just soooo neat! Gorgeous page:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout Fiona! LOVE the added texture on the background layered over the chevron paper, and those alphas are just YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx