OUAS and 13@rts June Challenges

Well what a jam packed, scrapping, long weekend I've had! I think I broke my record. I completed 7 layouts and a card! None of which I can reveal just yet except for this one.


Once Upon a Sketch is an awesome challenge that I try to enter at least every second month. I'm not the best at following sketches or at adding journalling to my work so this challenge is really good in stretching my skills! Nadia always creates a fabulous sketch for us to follow and a beautiful theme that really gets the mind thinking. This month it is "The best things in life are often not things". So true.


And I've never entered a 13@rts challenge before but this one sounded like it was right up my alley!


I decided that because it was such a beautiful sunny winters day that I would video the process for this one. The sun comes in my studio window and lights up my table perfectly. I've added it below or you can view it via my You Tube page which you can access easily by clicking the tab at the top of my blog that says "My Tutorials".



Here are some close ups.


 My journalling says "The best things in life are not things, we have things but ...... it's who we share these things with that really matters". We all have things. We live in a society where things are readily available to most of us so the things lose their meaning. But then there are the things that enable us to share precious time together with the ones we love.


I've used some 2Craftry Chipboard, water colour paints, Kaiser Craft tiny dot stamp and some papers from Cocoa and Daisy on this layout.


I really love the way it turned out. It's not like most of my layouts. The colours are a bit bolder than I would normally use but they complimented the photo perfectly.

You can follow me on Face Book or Tumblr to get my latest blog posts.

Thank you for popping in.

Cheers

Fiona xx


13 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you entered our OUAS challenge with this work of art - the colours are soooo lovely & popping & I couldn't agree more with your journaling....the sequins are a MWAH touch & I really like the chippy tucked in like that too:):) And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woweee, Absolutely inspiring for me.. Love using a lots of mediums as well :-) I am going to participate in OUAS too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fiona this is just a spectacular burst of colour. I love it and the video was so informative. I would NEVER have thought to use perspex to put down the colour like that ... so clever. Thanks so much for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Fiona, love your layout and thaks for the video, It was really cool to know the way you used the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this project !!!! Great colours !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So BRIGHT and fun! love this and all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome page! So bold and striking and happy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bright colors on this one =) Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the bright bold colors, watched your video too, super layout! Thanks for joining in at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a beautiful summer layout :) Thank you for taking a part in 13arts' challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing Colours. Thanks for playing with 13arts

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous and vibrant layout, Fiona!! Love how you journaled around the painted squares!! Thanks for sharing your amazing tutorial!! I’m so glad you have joined us for the June Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge and for sharing your layout on our Facebook page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx