Off the Rails Scrapbooking March Challenge

I don't normally contribute to the design team in the even months for off the Rails but this month I couldn't resist. I designed a mood palette and sketch for the challenge quite some time ago and I wanted to know firstly, did the colours work well together? and secondly, was the sketch doable?

When I design a sketch, I often like to try it out. This gives me a bit of an idea of what to do or not to do next time. This is how it turned out.


And here is the sketch and mood palette I created for the challenge.


It has a vintage feel to it and incorporates my favourite element of scrapping - ephemera!


My background paper has a beautiful script all over it. I used it to represent the script markings on the sketch and the writing on the old letters in the pictures.


I used a honey comb stamp to create the honeycomb pattern on the sketch also.


And i incorporated wings into my layout, the same as the photo has a young girl wearing some dress up fairy wings. I also represented this by cutting out and placing some wings on a little arm less doll. yeah a bit creepy but cool all the same because I reckon it gives it a kind of vintage feel.


I also added some Imaginarium Chippy as they are our kind sponsors for the month. Later in the month (23rd march) my tutorial on how this all came together is up on the Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog.


I created this page while on one of my "Scramping" trips. What a beautiful setting to create in. This is my messy outdoor studio!


The sun was shining and we were pretty sweetly set up for the weekend. Very relaxing and lots of fun.


Thanks for popping by

Cheers
Fiona xx




9 comments:

  1. I'm not a camper, but it does look a lovely place to create!! LOOOVE your sort of vintage-ish page. The doll reminds me of thing Georgia Heald would do! And the butterfly details are exquisite:):)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I'm a "Glamper" I don't miss out on the little luxuries in life when I camp!! and the atmosphere is divine when creating ......

      Delete
  2. Ohh, this is gorgeous Fi! I love your scramping pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I'll have to take you with me one day. We'll have a ball!

      Delete
  3. You're so lucky to get such a gorgeous environment to scrap in! so serene - as is the LO as a result of the awesome sketch. I'm inspired by that 'armless' doll....makes be think 'pick up your wings and fly' - like 'picking up pieces' after a rough time. I also really like the vintage colours you've used. thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is really beautiful as are the colors. I so enjoy your work! And, your scramping looks quite fun - although I'm not into camping - I do love the outdoors. Hope you had a wonderful time and come with some more beautiful scramping! As always, thanks for sharing your art!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fiona I LOVE this!!! I came over here yesterday from your facebook post to tell you how divine this lo is, but your blog kicked back my comment...oh well, back again to say this is soooooo beautiful! I love that little doll with wings, just gorgeous...this has everything I love in a lo, a gorgeous photo, messy painting and a vintage feel...I really love your sketch and moodboard, great job! I will have to give this one a go!!! hugs, Lisa xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your layout is really amazing !!!
    And what a wonderful place to scrap !!!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx