A Little Framed Piece for 7 Dots Studio

Hello I'm here with you today to share a little collage piece I have made and framed to put on display using the gorgeous 7 Dots Studio "Writer's Block" collection.



I began with a little 6x8" piece of the Sincerely paper that i trimmed down from the original 12x12 piece so it would fit nicely in my frame.



I wanted a grungy look so I gave it a very light coat of gesso and added some watercolour in the browns to coordinate with the papers.



Then I began layering all my favourite elements from the die cuts, the stickers and the word stickers. Grunging up each piece as I went. I also followed through the staple theme that is on not only the paper but also the tag I used as a feature.



I finished the college off with some scribble drawing to emphasise the words on the piece and framed it for display. I'm really happy with the finished product. I never know what to do with these little pieces I make but i think framing is the perfect solution. Can't wait to do another one now.

7 Dots Studio products:


See you all again soon xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx