Classes With Louise Nelson

A little while ago (back in July) the lovely Louise Nelson visited my home town. She had actually decided to visit so she could come to one of my painting classes but I wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste so I gathered all the local crafty peeps that I could find and organised a location and talked Lou into doing some classes while she was here! 

"Cheers"


 The first class she taught us was a mono printing background class that incorporated the love of wire onto our layouts!! Oh My GOD!! This was SOO MUCH FUN! I think I mono printed like a zillion pages!! This was the one I decided to go with for my layout in the end.


 Louise does her monochromatic but I just had to add a tiny little sprig of colour. I decided on Lime!


The kit was very generous filled with Imaginarium chippy, some gorgeous little shiny flowers, blingy spotty bits (I'm sure they have an official name LOL) and of course lots of wire!


I also borrowed Sandi's label gun to add my title!


 Look at that gorgeous texture!!! LOOOOOVE!!


Up next was a class called "Pastel Peeps"


I have to admit I was very nervous in this class. I really can't draw ..... I can paint, I know color, I can work out balance and design but I CAN NOT DRAW to save myself.


But LOOK!! My little dude rocks!! Louise was such a good teacher .... it was really easy in the end. She gave us heaps of encouragement and lots of tips and tricks and plenty of time to practice!!


Everyone's looked amazing. I decided to do a little fellow for mine so I could scrap my boy. I am so happy with how it turned out. Definitely something I'll try again.


Everyone made two layouts (except for me of course because I was so busy procrastinating!!) And another generous kit full of Imaginarium chippy and everyone was given a packet of pastel chalks!!



All in all it was a fabulous weekend. Lou and I laughed so hard we cried and I got to hang out with all my crafty local peeps for a day! Couldn't ask for a better weekend!!

If you ever get a chance to attend one of Louise's classes I would HIGHLY recommend it. The lady is an artistic genius!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx