Scrap it With Attitude February challenge

Scrap it with Attitude

I'm so happy to have been asked to join the Scrap it with Attitude team on face book as a designer. I already know a few of the team from Off the Rails Scrapbooking Blog and I knew that if it was anything like Off the Rails, that it would be fun to be a part of. I was right. The February Challenge was my first contribution and it was soooo much fun to do.

Here is my take on it.


The theme was "Love" and the colours chosen to use were simply divine. 


I used a Sketch from ScrapFriends (I just love their unique and amazing sketches) and I was ready to start creating.


I had a pretty nice photo of my darling husband (lol) that I'd wanted to scrap for a while now and the theme suited it well but the colours I was concerned about. Then I had an idea As I do! What if I made the page very geometric? Because that will often make a page look more masculine regardless of the colours.


Most of the triangles are cut from patterned paper (scraps mainly). The smaller triangles are made from Shrinky Dink. I Googled some patterns that would suit the layout, used my technical skills (ha ha) and created triangles to print onto the shrinky dink plastic. It prints through a printer well but you have to lower the colours by about 70% or they come out too dark. Remember with shrinky dinks, everything is 7 times. 7 times smaller, 7 times thicker and 7 times darker.


I also used a chevron washi tape from Kaszazz and small chevron stencil to add some texture to the layout over the triangles. Some black watered down gesso paint splats finished it off.


I'm pleased I managed to incorporate a masculine photo with such sweet colours and an even sweeter theme.

Pop on over to the Facebook page for the current challenge at Scrap it with Attitude and give it a go.

Cheers

Fiona
XX


No comments:

Post a Comment

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx