Upgrading is Compulsory ..... 2Crafty GDT at SATW for March

Here I am again with another weirdo page! The second in my "Dr Who" series. Remember in January I did my "Bigger on the Inside" page of the Dr's TARDIS? Well now I've done one of a Cyberman!

These guys are seriously scary!! The Cybermen of the Doctor's universe, were a race of artificially modified humans who originated from the planet Mondas, Earth's twin planet. The Cybermen decided that their primary aim was to conquer the universe, converting people where possible to boost their numbers. Getting away from them seemed impossible  ............even though they didn't seem to walk all that fast?



This is the moodboard from Scrap Around the world created by the very talented Terhi Koskinen.


I'm very lucky to be on some pretty awesome Design Teams. Two of them being Scrap Around the World and 2Crafty Chipboard and this time they have joined forces so I get double the fun!!!


These are the 2Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used in my project.
"Chain Link"
"Gears"
"Square interlocking panel"

Some close ups.


Layers of paint, stamping, doodling and chipboard equals FUN!


The gears are a main feature and were coated in Beck BT Tinby Designs Metallic Melts and then I added some black water colour paint over the top for an aged affect.


I'll be back on the 16th with a sneak peak of my other project I created from this moodboard for the Scrap Around the World side of things and then again on the 24th with the full reveal and tutorial on how I created it. So make sure you're hanging around for that one.

Cheers
Fiona xx

8 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous....love the mix of bright and grungy colours.....glad you 'explained' about Cyberman.....cos I was 'Who the heck's she talking about NOW?' LOL!!!! And the Tinby Melts......YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you Lizzy ..... and before too long, you'll be totally versed in the world of Dr Who! It's ok ...... you can thank me later xx ;)

      Delete
  2. Your layout is wonderful and you pulled several elements from the mood board! I love your "otherworld" character on this layout - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy xx It's a bit different this one, but I like things that a bit weird lol

      Delete
  3. Oh this is just fab fab fab. Your work is amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jasmine. I think yours is pretty amazing too xx You never fail to inspire me :)

      Delete
  4. This is very arty and oh so creative.. looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lizzy. You know me, it's got to have some element of arty farty or it just wouldn't feel right LOL! :)

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx