13Arts June Challenge "Textures and Layers"


 I am so excited to bring you my very first 13arts creation as a Guest Designer to you. Each month 13arts have a challenge and this month for June it is "Textures and Layers". I love both of these things so it was an easy creation for me to make. I used a 12x12 thin canvas for this one as I knew there would be lots of medium and didn't want warpy paper!

"Make a Difference"

I was heavily influenced by the prompt for the challenge. I not only loved the cracked paint surfaces but I also loved the colours. 


 I incorporated some of the Colored Grit LIGHT BLUE into the project as well as some Natural Mica Flakes LIGHT GOLD to create texture.
I also plastered on some Ayeeda Medium Modeling Paste. I allowed it to dry as much as I could before spraying some of the Ayeeda Mists Chalk over it. When I then hit it with the heat gun to dry the mists, it dried with a crackled effect!
 Then I added some Ayeeda Paint Matte Caramel Matte Cobalt Matte Turquoise over the top in sections to paint my chippy and to add another layer of colour.

 The sprays I used were Ayeeda Mists Chalk IndigoChalk UntramarineChalk Yellow Amber and Pastel Turquoise. These colours worked a treat together.
I absolutely adored playing along with this challenge! It was so much fun making sure I layered my project and created as much texture as I could. 

You can purchase them from the store or you can locate a stockist near you. For my Australian friends we can purchase 13arts products from Sassy Scrappers.


Here is a complete list of the products I used. 


I'll be back again at the end of the month with some more yummy 13arts goodies for you :) Thanks for popping in x


4 comments:

  1. Oh yes! Can sooo see where you got your inspiration from--- loooove your layers & layers & layers!!! Looks simply DELISH!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love it :) Your canvas is magnificent!!! So many layers and different media. And the mix of colours is so energetic :D.Whole looks a little bit messy, but i think that every little thing is exactly like you wont it, that's why it is so beautiful. Brilliantly reflects the sentence that you pick " be free, be creative" <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers! Fiona you have really outdone yourself with this one! I love the closies so I can see up close all that delicious texture! I just got some of the 13 arts sand and mica flakes, and this really inspires me to go figure out how to use them! LOVE the colors and all that amazing painting! great job xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Textures and layers indeed. Gorgeous colours and a stunning photo. Inspirational work :D

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx