13Arts Guest Designer for June

I actually can't believe I am writing this post. I have always wanted to design for teams such as 13@rts but never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would come true! But here I am ...... Guest Designing for one of my favourite companies.

Do you know how nervous I was creating this layout? Probably a lot more nervous than I needed to be!
My inspiration for the project came from both the beautiful paper created by my talented friend Jelissa May. this one is called "Summer Snow" and it is from her newly released collection Mental Vacation . The colours are so amazing I had to take advantage of them. My other inspiration was the Mask Stencil Tattered Circles that goes along with the collection also designed by Jelissa. I love circles at the best of times so it made my job easy!
Once I had added the circles using the 13@rts Modeling Paste I then created the rest of the background using the Ayeeda Mist Pastel Lime. I simply took the lid off and dipped my brush in and painted some different sized circles.
I also added some colour by spraying some Ayeeda Mist Pastel Turquoise and allowing it to run down the page. I also added some sprinkles over the background with this mist by removing the lid and using the mist on the spray tube to flick it over my page.
I added some texture by combining some glass beads with the 13@rts Coloured Grit Light Blue and Glass Microspheres D2 all mixed together and adhered using the Gel Medium Matte onto some circles I punched out. I also added some Ayeeda Paint Matte Turquoise over the top to help them blend in.

Lastly I flicked some Acrylic SPLASH Ink in the black, added some washi tape, a couple of die cut feathers, some branch chippies and some ScrapBerry's adhesive gems to finish it all off.

Full products list:


Thank you so much for popping in. See you again soon xx


5 comments:

  1. The first thing to catch my eye were the circles!! They totally ROCK....& especially how some are coloured, some are textured and some blend into the bg:) The 'ripping' bits [sort of] look fabulous...& that branch with the leaves...YUM! Congrats on the gig.....& I have no idea why you'd be worried. You 'fit' this team/ products like a glove!! OH! And Jelissa's stuff is fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing.. absolutely amazing.. love the circles, love the leaves, love the layers and colors.. you certainly do not need to be nervous, just be you!! you create awesomely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing layout with your unique MM style. I love 13@rts too and can't imagine why you would feel nervous. Especially love the colour combo and the beads. Thanks for the inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Fiona, I saw this on the 13 arts blog and I was just floored..... words fail me to describe how much I adore this one, everything is so perfect, the circles, the design, the colors, the fab photo, the grungy bits of black, just really breath taking....you totally rocked the 13 arts products, just way, way cool....xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it looks just perfect! The texture is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx