Open Your Mind Be An Artist Art Journal Page

Hello! Today I am sharing a little art journal page I have created using the gorgeous Kaitlyn Paltridge Designed stamps 

My challenge for this page was to create a mirror image of the stamp that could be used in any direction. I have used deli paper to reverse the image onto the page. I emulated the soft white semi opaque effect that the deli paper created on the opposite side with a light wash of gesso inside the stamped image.


This page is all about trying new things, opening your mind and not fearing failure.


I am so happy with the result and now I am confident that I can  reverse all of the stamps designed by Kaity which will make them so versatile! 


 By simply angling the stamp in a slightly forward direction and adding a scribbly neck using my journal pen in the same style that Kaity used to create the stamp in the first place, I've managed to give this girl a whole new look.

Give this a go .... you are going to LOVE it!






1 comment:

  1. Love it Fi! Kaitlyn's stamps are gorgeous and the technique you used is great. Thanks for sharing xo

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx