GUEST Over at Our Mixed Media Moods


Hello lovely people. I am so honoured to be asked to guest for DeeDee and Jen over at Our Mixed media Moods. 

The mood board grabbed me the instant I saw it. Those colours!!! MAN they are so yummy.

I've always had a thing for orange and magenta together. I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it!


I have a girl crush on the amazingly talented Lisa Pate at the moment. I'm so excited because I get to meet her soon at a retreat I'm going to in the Hunter Valley. Any way ..... she is an absolute STAR with weave and texture and paint and drawing and embroidery. Go check her out HERE.


And so I created this little gem based on one of her beautiful pieces I spotted on Instagram a couple of months ago. I've given it a Fiona twist and added some mixed media to it.


At first I wasn't too sure about it .... you'll see hear what I think of it in the video LOL but it all came together really well in the end. Now it's one of my favourite pieces.


I really enjoyed the latter part of the making ....... I seriously don't work well with a needle and thread ..... but I tried really hard and I did get better towards the end.


I ended up cheating a little in the end and I did glue the little butterflies on but  ...... I also gave them all a little stitch so that they looked like they'd been stitched on. It's the thought that counts yeah?


You have to check out Jen and DeeDee's creations too!! They are amazeballs ... as always ..... here ar the links to their videos.




This month there is a prize on offer for joining us. Viva Las Vegastamps! are sponsoring the month with a $25 gift voucher ........ You can LINK UP HERE


And make sure you show us your stuff on our FaceBook page  HERE

You can watch my video below :)


Thanks for popping in xx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, living thosecpops of colour. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow girl! Spectacular!!! I love it!!!! the colors are gorgeous and I'm really loving that wool! and the twigs!!! )I have a little bundle of twigs I've picked up from my yard in my studio trying to figure out how to use them - thanks to you.... xoxox) and loving that moodboard, your project is just out of the park xoxo off to watch your video

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx