Oh Deer! A Christmas Ornament for 7 Dots Studio

Well tomorrow we celebrate another Christmas day and a New Year is just around the corner. I would like to take this opportunity to say a HUGE thank you to each and everyone of you who have supported me through my journey this year. It has been a whirl wind!

I am very honoured to finish the year up with this little last minute Christmas decoration. I love finding plain little pieces in stores at Christmas time and jazzing them up. This time I found a little reindeer in K-Mart for about $4.00. 

I dressed him up with some gorgeous 7 Dots Studio papers and elements and now he looks a million dollars!


To begin the makeover I glued on some paper from the "Writers Block" collection and then trimmed as much off as I could before filing down the edges to make it look nice and smooth. Ssshhhhhh I forgot to do the inside of his antler ..... no one will notice .. right? 


As you can see with the original piece it is wooden, so the surface was nice and porous. I used gel medium all over to glue the paper on. it worked a treat.



I added some glitter and white gesso to his face and antlers before starting to decorate his bodice.


Using a crocheted doily for the base, I built up some leaves and then a couple of stickers from the "Yuletide" collection and then a little piece of wood and some tiny pine cones.


I also added some stars from the "Writers Block" die cut elements.


Along with a chipboard bracket also from the "Writers Block" collection. I made a little pearl necklace with some gold wire and added that onto the deer to finish it off.


Finally I added the title "Christmas Day" from the "Yuletide" collection and the last coating of gesso and gold glitter.

I am really happy with this little makeover. It is a perfect addition to my Christmas decorations this year.

How are your decorations coming along. All done now or do you have some last minute pieces to create like me?

7 Dots Products used Include:





3 comments:

  1. Awesome Fee! I love the way your styles keep changing. I wouldn't have picked this as yours with all those soft, neutral colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reindeer does look like a million dollars! Love how you jazzed it up at the bottom. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and see you in the year 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reindeer does look like a million dollars! Love how you jazzed it up at the bottom. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and see you in the year 😊

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx