SATW December challenge

Merry, merry Christmas to you all!
I am flat out this month but ....... I could not resist entering the Scrap Around the World challenge. I took one look at the mood board created by Anna Komenda and went WOW! I have to give that a go! and so I have.
This is my take.
And this is the amazing mood board.
As most of you are aware, I live in Australia and so Christmas for us is all about Bar-B-Ques, pool time, the beach, sunburn, ice-creams, Cricket matches, thongs (the feet variety! other wise known as flip flops) and prickles! (dry front lawns full of burs) so to see a winter wonderland mood board for Christmas really sent my imagination flying!
My background is water colour with a modelling paste stencil of diamonds over it and then a layer of Christmas red blending over a stencil that looks a bit like some baubles hanging. Finished off with some clean black stamping the says "Merry Christmas" of course xx
Some cotton (I can't make a LO with out it!) some beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard and some pretty white lace adorn this little section alone. I have gone a little over board with the finer details on this layout. I had so much fun adding to it that I almost over did it!
I have a paper collection from Kaisercraft called "North Pole" and the colours on the papers are perfect for this mood board. I had to use them. I cut out the little decorative baubles and added them hanging from the centre on fine cotton strings.
The whole style of the Layout was for it to look like icicles hanging from the under side of a glacier cave. I have never seen any in real life but from what I've seen on TV and in magazines on the internet etc this is how I'd represent them in my art. I have seen stalactites in caves in real life! Kind of similar.
The colours on the mood board work so well together it's ridiculous! The PERFECT match. I added some contrast by using black. Especially for my title so it would stand out.
The last little touch in the bottom right hand corner is a sentence from my favourite Christmas Song "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and a glittery little 2Crafty Chipboard reindeer.

Scrap Around the World you've done it again!

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope your time is safe and fun and all your wishes come true xx






18 comments:

  1. This looks fabulous.. what a wonderful lot of inspiration you have found in the mood board.. love all the details and textures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lizzy. I found it really easy to work with :)

      Delete
  2. This is fabulous...winner winner in my book, for sure:) LOOOOVe that colour combo & the icicle thing - never seen 'em either, but I can 'see' it here:) LOOOVE the pop contrast of the black. New Fave Alert!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahahaha thank you Lizzy. I also think it's my new fave!! The colours are so fabulous I've decorated my tree in them too!

      Delete
  3. You sure have rocked the moodboard Fiona. Love everything about this. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fiona your layout is amazing! I laugh when I read you describing winter in Australia! I will trade you? Lots of snow and cold for those dry lawns and burrs! Better flip flops then clunky winter boots and fur coats! Your layout is awesome there is so much to look at and so many great details! Love it! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to swap!!! That would be awesome........ well I do like the beach part. Can I have snow at the beach???? LOL thank you for your lovely comment xx

      Delete
  5. great LO! I love Your background and color combo; thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ania xx Your mood board was sensational :)

      Delete

  6. Wow !!!! This is great!Love it! Thanks for playing with SATW))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning!! Fantastic take on the mood board! Love all your details and texture and the red really pops! Thanks for playing with SATW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marianne. It was great fun. Really enjoyed creating this one xx

      Delete
  8. Fiona this is just marvelous! I love it to pieces, loving those colors together, amazing design and super cool photo...you really rocked this one girl! Just gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa xx Merry Christmas to you and yours xxxx

      Delete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx