My May 2 Crafty Chipboard Shares

Hello I'm here with you today to share a couple of things I've been working on recently for 2Crafty Chipboard.

"I Love You"




2Crafty Chipboard used:
"Alpha Set 1"
"Soft Feathers"
"Card Sentiments"
"Fencing Wire"
"Tiny Film Strips"

This little frame piece is created using a piece of Kraft paper. I began by writing the word love all over it in black and white ink.

 I stacked my pieces up on to the Kraft paper bit by bit. The "Fencing Wire" is painted white and then brushed over lightly with a small amount of black to give it a galvanized affect.


 The "Tiny Film Strip" I have left raw to compliment the Kraft colour.

 The sentiment is made up of a collection of chipboard letters and words combined with the writing of "love" in the background.

The piece id finished off with the focus piece, a "soft feather" from my favourite feather set. I simply painted it white and then stamped some script over it. I also added an actual nib to make it a quill.
I love the depth of this frame. I picked it up from K-Mart or somewhere like that for only about $4. It makes a really nice little piece once filled with gorgeous chippy.



My next creation is a layout I designed in purples, pinks and teal.

"Just The Girls"


2Crafty Chipboard used:
"Number Panels"
"6" Revolution Circles"
"Just The Girls"

 I have to say purple, pink and teal are not colours I normally reach for but I wanted to give it a go. I began by creating a pinky purple background and then covered the "Number Panel" with white tissue paper and then stamped over it with black script stamp. Later I added some more teal over the top.

 I used two of the circles from the "6" revolution circle" packs. I simply painted them teal but later I added some white over the top to soften them slightly.

 I used each one to frame the area where my photos would go.

 I separated the title "Just the Girls" so I could place half in one circle and the other half in the other, spreading out the balance of the layout. Again I painted them teal but so that they would stand out, I didn't soften them with any white.



Thank you for popping in to see my creations. 

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Fiona - both of your pieces are beautiful. The frame you altered is so wonderful and the elements are awesome! And, your page is gorgeous - as are the wonderful photos of you and your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of you design are so rich in texture, just love it.

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx