My Second 2Crafty Chipboard Share for January

Hello again xx
My second project is an artistic interpretation of scrapbooking. Here I have applied some art journal techniques into my scrapping. I just love experimenting with colour and design.

"FRIENDS"


My second share for 2Crafty Chipboard is a colourful page I created of my sister and her best friend. They are both actors and this is my sister preparing for a production while her friend annoys her LOL! They are such good friends. So much fun to be around, they always brighten my day so hence the bright design.

Chipboard pieces used
"Circle Revolution"
"Circle Stack"
"Word Circles set 2"
"Chicken Barbed Wire Small"
"Circle Frames"
"Mini Cameras"
"Family Symbols"

Would you believe the background paper is meant to be for a sport page? Well it's called "First Place" and it"s from the Game On collection from Kaisercraft! I won it in a prize pack and never thought I'd ever use it but .... never say never! I've heavily coated it with clear gesso as I wanted to add lots of liquid to it (water colours etc) and it just wouldn't have held up if I didn't protect it first.



I do love circles! They are my favourite shape to work with and this big circle on the top and little circle on the bottom design would have to be my favourite. I've used both the "Circle Revolution" and the "Circle Stack" to create this affect.


In keeping with the circle theme, I've use the word friends from the "Word Circles Set 2". I simply painted it black as I wanted it to really stand out amongst all the colour. To add colour I've used not only water colour paints but also Limor Webber's Lindy Stamp Gang Flat Fabio Spray Set "Under the Boardwalk". These colours are so beautiful.


I also painted some "Chicken Barbed Wire Small" and added that. A hexagon is not really a circle shape but it's close so it works ok and also the background paper is patterned with hexagons.


The other circles from the "Circle Frames" are either painted and then layered with gesso, texture paste and or water colour paint or covered with old book paper (gotta get it in there somewhere!) as is the little guy from the "Family Symbols".


I also added one of the "Mini Cameras" just because I LOVE them! This one is painted with white gesso and then lightly washed over with water colour. It leaves a beautiful soft finish that blends with the circles.


This page was so much fun to make. Probably because it required mess!

Thanks for popping in to check out my mad creation. I'll be back tomorrow with another one!!
Cheers
Fiona

3 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layouts are inspirational, from the way you use colour and techniques to new ideas with your photographic approach and effects. Love your work. Xxx

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx