Scrap and Pieces GDT for June

I have had the wonderful opportunity offered to me by the most beautiful Valia Katzaki to Guest Design for Scraps and Pieces Emporium Challenge Blog for the month of June.

The theme this month is "Real Friends".
 Here is what I came up with.

"Always and Forever"

I followed Helen's fantastic sketch, giving it a little twist of my own. I rotated and lowered the left hand focus area slightly and also continued the right hand focus up higher towards the top of the background. Mostly because I'm not really able to stop sticking stuff down once I start! LOL


I wanted to use Helen's idea of building the main area up with paper squares but again decided to add a twist. I love so many amazing designers from all around the world and one of my favourites is Marrianne (6alamaison). She used an envelope in one of her creations a while back and I've wanted to incorporate this into a layout ever since. I either kept forgetting to do it, or when I did, the layout didn't quite lend itself to it..... this time it worked perfectly!

The quote prompt is adorable and even though I have many friends I love dearly the one person who truly tells me when my face is dirty is my beautiful daughter. Ever since the day she was born, we have been close friends. She is now an adult and has moved interstate. I miss her very much but I am also so proud of the woman she has become.
I do believe you can be best friends with your children and still be a great parent.


I wanted the layout to be gentle in colour, so I chose a Kaiser craft collection called "Pitter Patter". It's an older collection but I just loved the minty sage colours and the hexagons from the sticker sheet and the paper "Little One" were just what I needed for this layout! The background paper is also from the same collection and called "Tiny Bundle".


Even thought the papers seem to be for a boy, I wanted to use them for my girl. I made the layout feminine by adding some gorgeous red butterflies that then became a POP of colour for the design. I love the way Marrianne (and other designers) frame their photos with a simple cut out and I wanted to give this a go. I'm not convinced it's something I would do all of the time as I like to see my picture clearly but it was fun giving it a go.


Some layers of words, alphas and more hexagons mounted on to chipboard create the side focus. I also added some chevron stamping and some pencil swirls, washi tape and cotton and of course another gorgeous pop of red with a little butterfly.

I splattered some black drawing ink over the project and it was done.

I absolutely love this challenge. it has really made me think about what I'm scrapping and why. I have added some journalling onto the back of this one for future reference.

I hope you pop on over to the Scraps and Pieces Challenge and also check out their store!

A great line up of designers and an amazing range of products to choose from.

xx 

4 comments:

  1. Fiona,
    I always love your layouts - your creativity is awesome. Your layout today is beautiful and I like your colors, very cool envelope and red butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really lovely..I'm with you, though, while I LIKE the idea of the bit of photo showing.....I actually prefer the whole photo....but it looks really sort of 'artsy' which is nice! And your hexagon cluster? Heart beating faster....gosh, I adore layered up bits and bobs....especially when there's a good strong colour fluttering on by!!!! AND the thing I'm taking away? the idea of the design. LOOOOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this is stunning! I love all the bits and bods and after seeing your display of layouts at the show I know this much look amazing in real life! Was so lovely to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooooooo amazing Fiona, I really love your design, love that cut out over the photo, it's really cool, LOVE the envelope! you really pulled it off with great layers and beautiful colors, love the pops of red....just 'love' it I guess! LOL!!! ......just super!

    ReplyDelete

The only artist you should ever compare yourself to is the one you were yesterday.

Fiona xx